Sunday 1 November 2009

Through The Eyes Of A Dog

Through The Eyes Of A Dog - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

This young dog was a stray - hard to believe of such a beautiful pup.  Now he is happy and safe in a loving home. Perhaps it is just as well dogs can't speak; I wonder what tales he would tell of the things he has seen  - and then I know I would rather not hear them.

When this painting is sold, a donation of 10% will be made to Noah's Bark. 

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

My thanks to JDurham at Morguefile for the reference photograph

9 comments:

Diver Daisy said...

I am so amazed. What a fabulous painting! Glad I could help in your endeavors of raising money for animals! I would say Raleigh likes it too but I'm not sure he recognized himself looking so handsome :)
jdurham

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much - both for the lovely comments and for the lovely photo. Please give a thank you pat to Raleigh :)(I will let you know if the painting sells)

Arcobaleno said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

That is an incredible painting!! Wonderful detail, I love it.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much arcobaleno and Barbara - your comments are very much appreciated :)

Leslie said...

What a gorgeous dog and painting. Always nice to hear of happy new homes.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much Leslie. I agree it is a relief when you know of a dog settled and happy after being unwanted. :) :)

Diver Daisy said...

I'd say he is pretty happy right now as he is curled up like a little prince on a big white puffy pillow right now :) He is a sweet loving little guy that obviously was mistreated and then he either ran away or was dropped off on the street. We got him from animal control after waiting the required amount of days. He has needed a lot of patience to learn to trust again.

I have shown the painting around where I work and one of the ladies has an older dog and she is interested in having a painting done. I'll let her contact you.

Everyone is absolutely amazed at the beauty, detail, and precision of your painting and I would love hear more if it sells :)

annezoutsos said...

Diver Daisy - It is so lovely to hear that he is so happy now. When I was painting him, I felt he had such a sensitive, sweet face :) Of course I shall be delighted if your friend contacts me and I will definitely drop you a line and let you know if my version of your young man finds a good home :) :)