Saturday 24 October 2009

Christmas Is Coming!


Christmas Is Coming! by Anne Zoutsos - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

I don't think it will surprise those who know me that at Christmas time we hang stockings on the mantlepiece for our dogs!  Admittedly we don't leave them alone overnight with the dogs.........  In the painting here, Angel looks as though she is deciding what to put on her list for Father Christmas.  This particular stocking is one of my favourites - surprise, surprise! It is gorgeous and soft and Angel always wants to play with it, but as with a couple of other special Christmas Dalmatians, she is only allowed a gentle play under close supervision.

Look carefully at the top of the mantlepiece and see if you can 'spot' anything there.

This painting comes as a reminder that Christmas is rapidly approaching - especially for artists like myself for whom it is the busiest time of year, so if you are thinking about commissioning a painting, it will have to be soon!

My new website is nearly ready, so do check it out often as there will be a selection of prints and cards available to purchase.

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

3 comments:

Lisa Husar said...

Anne,

LOVE this painting! The expression on Angel's face is just precious!

Take care,
Lisa

LittleSpots said...

I am a blog follower and love seeing each and every painting you create. Your ones of Angel are my favourite. I too am a dalmatian owner and lover. Mine is named Bella and she is 5. I just wanted to say hi.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks SO much Lisa :) :)

LittleSpots - thank you very much and hello - and hello to Bella too of course! Nice to hear from you :)