Tuesday 10 November 2009

Spencer - an English Setter


Spencer - 10" x 8" oil on hardboard/masonite

It's difficult at this time of year to be able to complete many small paintings, as naturally enough we artists are always busy painting commissions, so I thought you might like to see one of these. 

It is particularly flattering when a fellow artist buys a painting and I have been very lucky enough recently to have sold one of my small paintings to a very talented artist friend of mine and the painting above was commissioned by an equally talented artist friend - a real honour. 

I hope I have done justice to this lovely boy, with his kind and honest expression - his sweetness shone through for me while I was painting and his owner knows I was very sorry to see the painting go! A lucky owner indeed to have been blessed by owning such a gentle, loving dog.

SOLD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so honored to see my Spencer here on your blog. I love the painting SO much not only that it is a beautiful piece but that it captures the soul of my special boy. Thank you!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you :) It was my pleasure to paint such a sweet dog and I hope the painting will give you pleasure for many years :) :)