Monday 16 November 2009

Christmas Cards - Do You Hear What I Hear?


Christmas Cards from the original oil painting - Do You Hear What I Hear?

Although the majority of my Christmas cards feature Dalmatians, I do have a few others!  The card above comes from a painting of a lurcher. For those who don't know, lurchers are usually crosses between a sighthound ie greyhound, saluki etc and a collie type of dog; the aim of which is to produce a dog capable of great speed when hunting, but also a little more obedience than a pure-bred sighthound.

The dog in this painting was unwanted and abandoned but has been fortunate enough to have been adopted by a loving family.

The donation from this card will be going to Old Dog Haven.  This charity does invaluable work helping find homes for dogs in their golden years.  It always seems incredible to me that anyone can own a dog for many years and then dispose of it when it becomes elderly - amazing and extremely distressing.

Please visit http://azpaintings.com/xmas.html#3 to purchase this card or email me at info@azpaintings.com for any more information.

No comments: