Friday 26 November 2010

Dalmatians - The Night Before Christmas (WIP)

The Night Before Christmas (WIP) - 10" x 8" oil on hardboard/masonite

As those of you who read my blog will know, after a hard day's work of painting portrait commissions, I like to relax in the evening by painting! This is my present painting - very much a work in progress at the moment and of course I can only work on it in the evenings. 

When the painting is finished it will be offered for sale and once sold I will make a donation from the profits to Dalmatian Rescue of Puget Sound. I have been very impressed indeed with this rescue and in fact all the Dalmatian rescues along the West Coast of the USA that I know of seem to co-ordinate very well in rescuing the, what appears to me, inordinately large number of abandoned Dalmatians. I hope you'll take the time to visit their site - although if you do, you'll probably get hopping mad as I do seeing the attitude so many people have towards their pets.  I must point out that the Dalmatians in this painting are much loved pets and belong to the photographer, Suzi Wahl who kindly gave me permission to use her photograph as reference for my painting.

Christmas is now very definitely in the air and as the Dogs Trust in the UK say - A Dog Is For Life, Not Just For Christmas!! (I would also like to add that the Dogs Trust never destroy a healthy dog - hooray!)

If you have any enquiries, please email me at info@azpaintings.com

8 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

It's a beauty,Anne. Put me down as a prospective buyer There are good rescue places on the west coast. My sister has given a good home to several of them, cats and dogs.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Kathryn - and I'll do that :)
All I can say is thank goodness for people like your sister!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

I absolutely love your dalmation paintings. This is so beautiful. I thought it was finished but can't wait to see the final piece.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much Carrie - I've been working on it this evening and it's much nearer completion now; I might even be able to finish it tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

annezoutsos said...

Well Anonymous, not sure what you want to copy, but if it's about the wonderful work the Dalmatian rescues are doing, then feel free!

Anonymous said...

Gracias por publicar esto, fue muy Ăștil y le dijo a una gran cantidad

annezoutsos said...

The previous comment, according to google translate, reads: Thanks for posting this, was very helpful and told a lot

Thank you anonymous