Wednesday 3 November 2010

Cocker Spaniel painting

Sh Ch Lujesa Happy Too - 20" x 16" watercolour

Yes, another Cocker Spaniel (okay for my American friends, English Cocker Spaniel). This painting was a gift and so I could not show it at the time it was painted. These dogs have such sweet and appealing faces it's hard to remember sometimes that they are energetic and talented gundogs. Over the years, I have met very many of these dogs and have found them to be as affectionate as their sweet faces would imply! If you are an artist contemplating painting one of this breed, I can only say to make sure you get their meltingly sweet expressions just right!

I hope you enjoy viewing this painting as much as I enjoyed painting it. If you would like to commission a painting of your pet, please email me at info@azpaintings.com


4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Another beautiful cocker spaniel, and you have truly captured that meltingly sweet eye!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks ever so much - I'm so glad you like him!

Dean Grey said...

What an elegant and stately portrait!

-Dean

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much Dean!

Anne