Thursday 29 July 2010

Saluki

 Saluki - Joop - 20" x 16" watercolour
After the short legged dachshunds, I thought today a rather longer legged hound might be fun. Unlike dachshunds, salukis hunt by sight not scent and they are both very elegant and very fast! It is said that as a breed they tend to be rather aloof with strangers, so I was somewhat surprised when I went to a saluki show a couple of years ago and was met with many wagging tails and affectionate greetings. I suppose some have that 'stand-offish' temperament but clearly a lot don't!
If you have any questions please email me at info@azpaintings.com

If you'd like to commission a painting, please click on Shop in the menu above and then Commissioning A Painting

2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

What an unusual breed of dog!

I've seen one like this before!

-Dean

annezoutsos said...

I presume you meant you never seen one like this before? They're not that common - probably partly due to the fact that once off leash, they're not usually that easy to get back! I see one walked near where I live and it is clearly very obedient - not the norm though!