Thursday 8 April 2010

Stripes - Dalmatian Fashion

Stripes - Dalmatian Fashion - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

The challenge on Daily Painters International Art Gallery this time was "Stripes" - the painting could be about and featuring any subject, but it had to be striped. Well, obviously I immediately thought of a Dalmatian!! 

The model for this painting is once again my own Angel and actually in this painting she was sitting at the top of the stairs sunbathing. As I think may be obvious from the painting, we have a blind on the window overlooking the stairs and it is the shadow from this which is falling on her. The actual painting is slightly warmer in tone but I've not yet been able to get an accurate photo - if I manage to get a better one I will post it. Taking accurate photos of my paintings is the bane of my life!


SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

No comments: