Friday 9 April 2010

Border Collie Beach


Border Collie Beach - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

After a long, cold spring I feel more and more that I want to paint summer scenes and so while painting, enjoy the feeling of the sunshine warming me! I decided to paint this border collie running through the surf on a glorious summer day beside a sea of azure blue - ah lovely!

As with many of my paintings, once sold I will make a donation of 10% from the profits to charity. On this occasion I will be donating to Old Dog Haven (http://olddoghaven.org). I always feel so dreadfully sad for elderly dogs who lose their homes, often incredibly just because their owners can no longer be bothered with them. Those of us who have been blessed to own elderly dogs know of the very special bond which develops and it is a priviledge to be able to help in the efforts of these rescuers.

SOLD

If you would like further information please email me at info@azpaintings.com

This painting is straight off the easel and so will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped


My thanks to Kyknoord at Flickr for the reference photograph

2 comments:

Ralph said...

wow he looks so alive and it looks like he is having great fun. Well captured

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much Ralph!

Anne