Tuesday 16 March 2010

Pug Beach

Pug Beach - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

As I am painting today, the sun in shining and the daffodils are finally blooming. We've had a very late spring this year and the weather has been cold and miserable. However, today - today is a day when summer doesn't seem too very far away, when days stretch out into evening and the sun doesn't set until late; when the scents of flowers fill the air and the world seems a perfect place.

I had started this painting some while ago but simply couldn't bring myself to finish it in the dark days of winter, but today I couldn't stop myself from finishing it!! I would like to be on this beach right now and maybe throw a stick into the ocean for the little pug to fetch - he seems to want to swim!

10% donation to Old Dog Haven once this painting is sold. If you have a moment, do visit their website and see all the wonderful things they do - and maybe I could twist your arm to make a small (or big of course!) donation to help them in their efforts.


I have only just taken this painting off the easel and so it will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

If you have any questions please email me at info@azpaintings.com or visit my website www.azpaintings.com

My thanks to Mary R Vogt at Morguefile for making the photograph of her pug available for use as reference.

3 comments:

annezoutsos said...

Thank you :)

artistaggie said...

Wow, your work is awesome! It's not easy to convey emotion and soul with portraits...

Nicely done :-D

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much artistaggie. I try very hard with my paintings to do just that, so thank you very much :)

Anne