Friday 26 March 2010

Boxer dog - Ch Sulez Blackmagic

Boxer - Ch Sulez Blackmagic
20" x 16" watercolour on Saunders Wateford NOT paper

Another head study, this time of a beautiful boxer bitch, Ch Sulez Blackmagic. Magic has won more awards than I have time to list! Needless to say she is the top winning brindle boxer in UK history. This another dog who I have painted that I  have had the pleasure of meeting. For those who wonder about the temperaments of show dogs, I would just like to let you know that this bitch on meeting me, tried to climb on my lap to kiss me. I would have let her but she was rather big and I was trying to paint at the same time! She was a real sweetheart but on this occasion she just had to make do with having a fuss made of her instead!

To commission a pet portrait please email me at info@azpaintings.com for more information or visit www.azpaintings.com

7 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

very very nice.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Gary :)

Anne

Judy said...

I have owned two Boxers and they have personality plus, you have done the most beautiful watercolour painting of this girl.


Judy
Brisbane, Qld
Australia.

judithew@optusnet.com.au

My Art Blog: http://httpmyblogblogspotcom-judy.blogspot.com/

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Judy :) Yes, they are lovely happy, energetic dogs, full of fun!

Anne

annezoutsos said...

Thank you for the invitation Mike. It took somewhat longer than a few minutes though as just as I had finished I accidentally closed the tab and lost the lot!! Ah well, you have to laugh! :)

Anne

ms Givens said...

I have a white Boxer. They are the sweetest dogs ever.
It makes me sad to see so many in the shelter. Tulsa Boxer Rescue has several right now I wish I could take.

annezoutsos said...

I find it beyond comprehension that so many dogs are in need of homes. Our whole society needs a radical change in attitude towards dogs to stop this atrocity. I believe education is the first step forwards.

Anne