Sunday 28 June 2009

Sunshine Came Softly by Anne Zoutsos

Sunshine Came Softly - 7" x 5.75" (approx) oil on hardboard/masonite

As well as loving dogs, I also love painting and this work was inspired to a large extent by the play of light and shadow on the dog's face and I really like the atmosphere of quiet which is created.

The title of the painting comes from the song Sunshine Superman by Donovan. I had initially wanted to call it 'Sunshine Came Softly Through My Window Today' - the first line - but thought it was just too long (although that's what it is called in my head!)

10% donation to Old Dog Haven once the painting is sold

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

My thanks to Eliya Selhub for providing the reference photograph under Creative Commons

No comments: