Tuesday 23 June 2009

The Drinking Fountain by Anne Zoutsos


The Drinking Fountain by Anne Zoutsos - 10" x 8" oil on hardboard/masonite


When we lived in London the local parks where we used to walk our girls (dogs!) were Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens (in fact these are in effect one park, separated by a road but under which you can walk from one to the other). You could in those days walk your dogs off leash and I'm pretty sure this is still the case. In fact I heard, although I have no idea whether it is true or not, that the Queen has said that as long as she reigns, dogs will be allowed off-leash in Royal Parks. I hope it is true - she certainly does love dogs! We used to take long walks in these lovely parks and in the summer the dogs would get thirsty. They would sometimes swim in the Serpentine - and drink from it - but also a favourite place to drink was a drinking fountain in Kensington Gardens. No-one ever minded and in fact people would always laugh to see them enjoying the spurt of water when we pressed the button.

When I saw this photograph it reminded me of those happy days and so I had to paint it. I hope you will enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

10% donation to Old Dog Haven - always in need of funds to help them help older dogs live out their senior years surrounded by loving care.


SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped


My thanks to Robert Pogorzelskia for releasing the reference photograph under Creative Commons

No comments: