Sunday 14 June 2009

In Safe Hands by Anne Zoutsos


In Safe Hands by Anne Zoutsos - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

This is almost a preview painting as although it is finished, the photograph isn't that great as it is late at night and so taken under artificial light. I will take another photograph of it tomorrow and repost then. I have now changed the photograph; it is so hard to try and get an accurate copy and I still haven't quite managed but it will have to do. I wish I could find a foolproof method!

This painting came about from the latest dog breed project on Wet Canvas and as soon as I saw the selection of photographs I knew this had to be the one for me to paint. Those of you who know my work will know that I have painted several dog/hand paintings - it is a favourite subject as I enjoy portraying the close relationship dogs have with humans.

10% donation once this painting is sold to Old Dog Haven. This is one of my favourite charities as it is often the older, maybe physically less attractive dogs who often have such a difficult time finding a loving home in which to spend their later years - when they should be safe and secure.

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped


2 comments:

marianne said...

So cute............sigh............
What a perfect painting again

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Marianne - I'm glad you like it, the dog is such a delicate little baby :)