Tuesday 9 June 2009

Ditto (2) - Work In Progress by Anne Zoutsos

Ditto - 10" x 8" oil on hardboard/masonite

Well, here is Ditto again a little further on. I have done a lot more work on the dog and she is coming together nicely. You can now see how much work there is in the chair - I must admit not one of my favourite types of subject. Still, it will be an interesting challenge and I am actually quite looking forward to getting into it properly to watch it grow!

As I said in my previous post, once finished and sold a donation of 10% is being made to TBAR.

If you go to their website you will see they are in even more desperate need than usual (and they always need funds) owing to the rescue of 57 horses. I wonder if you will be as astonished as I was to read that although these horses have been removed from their previous owner's care that no charges have been filed. I wonder what you have to do to an animal to be charged with neglect and cruelty?
ADDENDUM - someone very kindly emailed me to let me know that the owner has now been charged and is at present in jail.

If you're not wanting to purchase a painting, please visit TBAR and think about making a donation - without donations nothing can be done to help these animals.

3 comments:

marianne said...

So nice to see the process of this painting it is coming along so wonderful!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Marianna - another stage just posted!

annezoutsos said...

Sorry I meant Marianne :)