Thursday 10 November 2011

Rottweiler

Rottweiler - 5" x 7" oil on hardboard/masonite

I have just managed to get a better photograph of this painting (well remembered to do so to be honest) and thought I would tell you about the first time I got to know a rottweiler. It was many years ago, when we lived in London near Hyde Park. A couple who lived near us had two young rottweilers and the wife told me that her husband had wanted two guard dogs - they were rather wealthy! - but she had wanted two cuddly, pretty dogs and so they settled on rottweilers as being the perfect match. Well, I never discovered how they were at their guard duties, although I suspect very good, but as cuddly, pretty dogs they were perfect and certainly very friendly to those invited to their house, just wanting to play!

It's a shame rottweilers have developed a reputation for aggressiveness because although very strong, when they are properly brought up, they are lovely dogs.

Anne

No comments: