Sunday 13 September 2009

Out Of The Dark by Anne Zoutsos


Out Of The Dark by Anne Zoutsos - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

I am a coward. I have tried not to be, but I am.

I cannot face the suffering endured by so many dogs and so I leave it to others to pick up the pieces. I can't even read of the traumas which the little innocents suffer. I am of course far from proud of this but have had to come to terms with the reality of my situation.

I can paint. Not everyone will like what or how I paint, but I know that there are quite a lot who do. This is my way therefore to try and do what little I can to ease the lives of animals whose existence is made so very hard and sad by the actions of my fellow humans. I am very grateful to my collectors who have done a great deal to help with the necessary finances to aid workers 'on the ground'.

I quote below what has been said of the puppy featured in today's painting -

"Annabelle - Female of a litter of pups found wandering with mange so bad they had no fur. When taken to the vet, we found out she has a heart defect. She then contracted parvo in which she had to stay at the vet for a few days - but is now healthy!"

What a start to life! (please scroll down to see more about her)

The title of this painting reflects what I hope for this little girl - that she will come out of the dark into the light of a happy life.

When sold, a 10% donation from the profits of this painting will be made to BAMA Bully Rescue - perhaps meanwhile you could pop over there and make a quick donation?

SOLD

ADDENDUM: BAMA Bully Rescue has written this about the puppy in this painting: "Annabelle is the little dog that steals everyone's heart as soon as they meet her or hear her story.

She is recovering well, but still has a ways to go before she is 100%. In the time being, she is being spoiled and loved on by her foster family :)"

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

The painting is based on a photograph supplied by BAMA Bully Rescue

4 comments:

Gail Burton said...

I so understand where you are coming from! It's very, very hard to even think how much suffering these poor creatures endure at the hands of man, and unbearable to see in the flesh. I also donate to bullie welfare through my art, and it breaks my heart to hear the terrible conditions they are often found in. I think those that deal with it hands on, deserve more rcognition and as much help as they can get, so well done you!

Gail x

annezoutsos said...

Well from what you write Gail - well done us! Honestly though, I have had sleepless nights and still have dreadful thoughts from emails I've received asking for support. I now have to delete most of these as I just can't stand what I read. I will continue to try and raise funds to support those at the "sharp end".

dreameyce said...

Stunning Pitty painting. Truly beautiful.

You help how you can, and the help you give is worth so much. Every little bit matters, and everytime the owner of this beautiful piece looks at their painting, they'll be just as inspired as the moment they first fell in love with it.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much. It's true, even if as individuals we can only do a little to help, at least it is something - and together it can amount to a lot :) :)