Sunday 22 February 2009

Summertime And The Livin' Is Easy by Anne Zoutsos


Summertime And The Livin' Is Easy by Anne Zoutsos - 6" x 7" oil on hardboard/masonite


This painting is of course named after the famous aria composed by George Gershwin and which I am pleased to say is before my time! I do remember though hearing it as a child and being stunned with the beauty of it. It has been covered by many singers and I have only heard a few of these - I think at the moment my favourites are Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holliday - both fantastic to listen to.

I felt that this title is appropriate both for this painting of a hot summer day and for the lives that dog lovers wish for all dogs. Those of us who love our dogs make sure that their lives are full of sunshine and ease and of course all those involved in rescue hope to be able to enable the dogs they save to lead the same sort of lives.

A 10% donation from the profits of this painting will be made to Old Dog Haven who do so much to help senior dogs in need.

SOLD


This painting is straight off the easel and will need several days drying time before it can be shipped.

The photographer of the lovely reference photo is la cola de mi perro

No comments: