Saturday 14 February 2009

All You Need Is Love by Anne Zoutsos


All You Need Is Love - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

As is becoming usual for me, the title of this painting comes from a song - this time it is the famous All You Need Is Love by the Beatles - I realise I have a lot of favourite songs!

On Saint Valentine's Day I had to paint a 'love' picture - however I decided that it wouldn't be a painting depicting romantic love. Instead I thought it would be nice to portray the love between a beloved dog and its owner. I believe there is no greater friendship than that of a devoted dog for its master or mistress and I find it extraordinary how some people can find an old dog too much of a bother to care about and dispose of them - a poor reflection on humankind. Thank goodness for places like Old Dog Haven where they take great care of these golden oldies and go to great lengths to settle them in new homes for the remainder of their lives - they certainly deserve all the help we can give them.

I hope everyone has a loving day today, romantically and otherwise and that those of us lucky enough to have our lives enriched by the companionship of dogs won't forget to include them.

10% donation to Old Dog Haven-helping senior dogs

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need several days drying time before it can be shipped.

My thanks to Noel Zia Lee for the lovely reference photo.

No comments: