Sunday 8 February 2009

Be My Valentine

Be My Valentine by Anne Zoutsos - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite


Well with Valentine's Day rapidly approaching, I had to paint just one more rose painting! This time the painting features a Dalmatian somewhat taken aback at the sight of a rose in full bloom in the depth of winter having pushed its way through the thick snow. When I painted this, I wanted to capture the fact that love is often to be found flourishing where it is least expected, and so we should always keep our hearts ready to recognize and accept it.

In the case of dogs whose owners have cast them aside, they desperately need to find new owners who will spot their potential and give them all the love they so truly deserve.

10% donation to Save The Dalmatians

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need several days drying time before it can be shipped.






No comments: