Monday 25 June 2012

Goldfinch - original oil bird painting

Goldfinch - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

Well, I don't know about you, but I can't say I have a favourite bird as I just have too many which I love. The goldfinch though is one of those birds I am particularly fond of and as it isn't as regular a visitor to my garden as some other birds, it is all the more welcome when it swoops in. They are such jolly looking little birds and if you've never heard one, you might wish to listen here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/g/goldfinch/index.aspx

Anne

This painting is straight off the easel and will approximately 2-3 weeks to dry before it can be shipped

6 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Anne, he looks like he is perched right in front of me, ready to fly off.

suzanneberry said...

anne, you are a master, whatever your subject matter, your work is stunning.

thank you so much for your kind thoughts of the recent past.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Kathryn :)

annezoutsos said...

Dear Suzanne, as a simply amazing artist, your comments are very highly valued.

You remain frequently in my thoughts and I hope some sunshine is managing to filter into your life. xx

Teresa Dominici said...

Your work is stunning!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you Teresa :)