Tuesday 22 May 2012

Shepherd Reflections - original oil of a German Shepherd Dog

 Shepherd Reflections - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

close up of eyes:


This painting came about as a result of a challenge on the Artists Reference page of Facebook. I was actually too late to enter it into the challenge but I wanted to have a go at painting it and changing the atmosphere of the original photograph. In the reference photo, the dog is lying on grass with a ball type toy. I decided, as you can see, to give it a black background with some reflection as on a shiny dark wooden floor. I'm very pleased with the result and hope you like it too.

Anne

This painting will need approximately 2 to 3 weeks to dry before it can be shipped.


2 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Beautiful work! The black background seems perfect for this handsome dog's portrait.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Diana - I'm glad you like the black background - I do too. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it just seems impossible to get a decent photograph of the painting! Grr!