Friday 29 July 2011

Thoughtful - Chocolate Labrador Retriever

Thoughtful - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

SOLD

Surely one of the hardest things about painting darker paintings in oils is getting an accurate photo of them! I have seen lots of different advice but I think that probably the only real answer is to have a proper lighting kit which is beyond those who aren't professional photographers. 

After about an hour I have managed to get a good representation of the original painting. It's been great fun to paint - I love the dog's thoughtful expression and of course one of my favourite pastimes - painting reflections!

Anne


With thanks to HeyRocker at Flickr for the reference photograph

4 comments:

Brenda Ferguson said...

This painting makes me * sigh *...
Brenda

annezoutsos said...

That's so lovely Brenda - thank you :)

Studio at the Farm said...

WHAT a soulful face!! He's great, Anne!

annezoutsos said...

I know - dogs have such expressive faces!
Many thanks Kathryn!