Monday 17 January 2011

Cocker Spaniel Champion

Sh Ch Wiljana Waterfall - 20" x 16" watercolour on Saunders Waterford paper

This is another of my Christmas commissions - well not strictly Christmas as it wasn't a present but a painting to honour the memory of a much loved girl who lived a full life and to a very good age. A top winner, she achieved the fantastic win of Reserve Best In Show at the world famous Crufts Dog Show in 2000. 

This photo isn't as good as I would have wished as it was taken as the light was getting low but hopefully it is good enough for the detail to be seen - and also for it to be obvious what a very beautiful girl she was.

To commission a painting or purchase an original or print, please visit my main website or email me at info@azpaintings.com

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

She was a beauty, Anne, and you did her justice with the painting.

Studio at the Farm said...

How does the Saunders Waterford compare with Arches 140 CP?

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Kathryn - she certainly was beautiful and I'm glad you like my painting.

As for papers - I haven't used anything other than Saunders Waterford for years I'm afraid. In the beginning I tried a number of papers and in the end found Saunders Waterford suited my needs best and allowed for a certain amount of scrubbing out before disintegrating! I do lightly scrub out quite a bit in my paintings and so need something with a bit of body and I like the way it absorbs water but doesn't over do it!