Friday 15 January 2010

Beagle's Window

Beagle's Window - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

Having been very busy with commissions, I am now trying to get back to painting one or two small paintings a week.  I still have a few commissions to go, so it may be difficult to fit the little paintings in but I will try my best!

The beagle in this painting is one I have featured before, being one of two beagles owned and photographed by newandrew at flickr. I wanted to paint this picture as I like the 'double aspect' of the beagle's head - with it being able to be seen from two different angles at the same time. I intend to continue to explore the effects of light and reflections during this coming year as I am fascinated by them!

This painting is being sold with a donation of 10% from the profits to Old Dog Haven where they do such marvellous work with homeless senior dogs.

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped.

6 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Hi Anne. I love this painting. All dog owners would know that look out the car window. My dogs love riding in the car and watching the scenery roll by. You captured such a great feeling in this one.

Ice Pony Girl said...

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Pattie and Ice Pony Girl for taking the time to comment - it's so nice to be back posting a new painting for sale on my blog again. :)

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much Mary :)

L.Holm said...

fantastic! love this one. congrats on the sale.
best regards, Liz

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Liz - and of course as you know, it's lovely when our cherished paintings are bought by admirers! :) :)