Wednesday 19 August 2009

A Quiet Place by Anne Zoutsos

A Quiet Place - 7" x 5" (approx) oil on hardboard/masonite

There is no doubt that I do enjoy 'messing around' with light and shade in my paintings and it's something I am going to try and explore in different ways. I also very often enjoy portraying a sense of calm and peace in my paintings. I once read that fulfilment isn't brought about by being 'happy' but by being contented and I think that maybe when this is related to dogs, it is very true indeed. Although of course we want dogs to be happy, this can be very transitory - when for instance a visitor arrives at a rescue centre. Security and contentedness is what we should be striving for, for them - dogs in need of rescue and our own beloved pets.

Once sold a donation of 10% will be made to TBAR - True Blue Animal Rescue

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

Based on a reference photograph made available at Wet Canvas

No comments: