Tuesday 28 April 2009

Over My Shoulder by Anne Zoutsos

Over My Shoulder by Anne Zoutsos - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite


I love the look of fearlessness on the puppy's face in this painting as it peeps over the shoulder of its young master, safe in his arms. I hope you can almost feel the warmth of the puppy's breath on your neck as you view this painting!


As in several of my other paintings, the title is based on a song title - this one was by a UK band called Mike and the Mechanics. A nice song and sung live fantastically - and one which once you've heard it, you can't get it out of your head!

(Addendum - if you should wish to listen you can find it here http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=e088309 - I'm whistling to it now!)


A 10% donation will be made to Old Dog Haven once this painting is sold, to help in their efforts to find forever homes for elderly dogs no longer - nor one suspects, ever- loved.

Thank you to all for helping animals in need.


SOLD



My thanks to AydinGrace for making the reference photo available under Creative Commons.

No comments: