Wednesday 1 April 2009

Mellow Yellow by Anne Zoutsos

Mellow Yellow by Anne Zoutsos - 6" x 6"oil on hardboard/masonite

I don't suppose it will be a surprise to the slightly older viewer that this painting's title comes from the song written and performed by Donovan - which I really like and always makes me think of summer.

I love the look of the sunshine which almost seems to be sparkling on the yellow labrador's coat who looks out with confidence from honest eyes. I hope those who look at this painting will have their spirits raised and maybe even be able to feel the heat of the sun which is shining on the cosy dog.

10% donation to TBAR - True Blue Animal Rescue (I couldn't even read the stories of the dogs awaiting adoption and didn't get as far as looking at other animals needing homes)

Please, if you live in the area, consider offering a loving, permanent home to one of these needy animals - or if you live further afield, perhaps you could afford to make a donation.


SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need several days to dry before it can be shipped

With thanks to jarapet for making the reference photo available under Creative Commons

No comments: