Monday 14 May 2012

Age Cannot Wither Her - Black Labrador Retriever Oil Painting

Age Cannot Wither Her - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

The title of this painting comes from Antony and Cleopatra written by William Shakespeare in 1623. It never ceases to amaze me how many well known phrases were penned by Shakespeare.

In this instance however I felt the title reflected many things in relation to elderly dogs - perhaps particularly their capacity for love and devotion to their owners; and yes, to my eyes, senior dogs lose nothing with age and remain forever beautiful - in fact they become more so.

Anne


This painting is straight off the easel and will need approximately 2-3 weeks to dry before it can be shipped

3 comments:

Judy said...

Absolutely beautifu!

Marietjie said...

She is beautiful, beautiful eyes.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Judy and Marietje - I agree she is a beautiful old girl. I do think dogs just improve with age :)