Thursday 21 January 2010

Reflections Of A Westie

Reflections Of A Westie - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

The reference photo of this little Westie was again supplied by Anne Stark, breeder of Pipers Whippets and Dachshunds.  I generally try not to paint 'cute' dog paintings and I hope this one doesn't fall into that category; however, as she has such a very pretty face, I fear I may have!

When this painting is sold I will be making a 10% donation to Noah's Bark rescue organisation from the profits to help give some less fortunate dogs a chance at a decent life, which in my opinion, should be the right of any dog born into an affluent country, but which sadly is so very far from the current situation.

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

1 comment:

annezoutsos said...

lunardancer said...

I commend your talent for making such strong realistic portraits of these lovable creatures. Obviously the dark background and the water he is stepping on are supposed to indicate a symbolic meaning. But his beauty and that oh-so-adorable face hogged all of the attention. You're right. His cuteness really outshines everything else.

*****

I have removed the original comment as there was a link in the name to a drugs company which I would not wish my blog to be associated with.

Anne