Monday 6 July 2009

Pretty Bubbles In The Air by Anne Zoutsos

Pretty Bubbles In The Air - 5" x 7" (approx) oil on hardboard/masonite

I find that a great many dog paintings and drawings are not quite to my taste, being somewhat overly cute. I must admit that occasionally I am in a particularly sugary mood and may paint one myself (!), but generally prefer to paint different aspects of dogs. I particularly like to portray the relationship between human and dog but I also sometimes enjoy painting something which is just unusual. The painting above depicts of course a chocolate labrador, but the addition of the bubbles blown into the painting, add visual interest and I can't help wondering what the lab is going to do next...




Once this painting is sold a donation of 10% from the profits of this painting will be made to Malibu Pet Companions. This charity funds medical care for homeless sick and/or injured pets.

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped


My thanks to Geoff Steams at Flickr for the reference photo of the labrador used in this painting

4 comments:

marianne said...

interesting and beautiful

annezoutsos said...

Thank you Marianne :) :)

dreameyce said...

Very cool idea, and the bubbles are very well done! Beautiful :)

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much dreameyce :)