Sunday 17 May 2009

Perchance to Dream by Anne Zoutsos


Perchance To Dream - 6" x 6" (approx) oil on hardboard/masonite

It's funny how when I've finished a painting a title just slips into my mind. Sometimes I have a title in mind and so the direction of the painting is set. Other times, I am drawn to paint but have no idea of what to call the finished work. Nearly every time, in these circumstances, if I wait a little while, a title jumps out at me and I feel I have to call the painting by it. In this instance, I originally named the painting something else, but after about five minutes, Perchance To Dream came to me and wouldn't go away - so thank you Shakespeare!!


A 10% donation will be made to Old Dog Haven when this painting is sold to help in their efforts so that more dogs will be able to rest in comfort and safety.

SOLD

My thanks to Pam Boutilier for the reference photograph




7 comments:

marianne said...

Wow What a wonderful blog you have!!!
I just scrolled through the entire blog and was in awe of all of your paintings!
Amazing how all your animals seems to be alive on the canvas!
I will send this link to 2 fellow blogmembers who love bulldogs....

Have a nice day!

soulbrush said...

i am the friend she sent the link to and i am smitten, what a real sweetheart, i will also send this link to another friend who has a bullie. aaaaw, wish i could buy it...sigh...and now we have a shih tsu and she is adorable too, what dog/s do you own?

annezoutsos said...

Marianna and soulbrush - thank you both so very much. I'm glad you've enjoyed my paintings - I do try very hard to make them alive in my art and I'm hoping one day to hear one of them bark! :)

I own two Dalmatians - one of them is in the photo with me. They are much loved darlings :)

ArtistUnplugged said...

I am the other friend that the link was sent to. We have a bulldog now. This is a beautiful painting! I will definitely be back to see more of your work!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much artist unplugged and I hope you're enjoying your bulldog :)

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

annezoutsos said...

Hello Anonymous. Well, I must say that I think my writing is very average however if anyone should wish to contact me, my email address is given on the front page of this blog and virtually every post. If this is a scam comment, I can't really see the point of it!