Tuesday 24 March 2009

Cosy Corgi by Anne Zoutsos

Cosy Corgi by Anne Zoutsos - 6" x 5.75" (approx) oil on hardboard/masonite

This painting came about as the result of a dog breed project on Wet Canvas (the site for artists). I was drawn (sorry, I can't stop punning!) to paint this dog as I particularly liked the complementary colours of the red against the black and white. This dog is a Cardigan Welsh Corgi and I love its pretty, alert expression.

Unfortunately there are many dogs whose lives are not happy. I find it hard to understand how someone can share years of companionship with a dog and then tire of it when it becomes old. I love puppies and young dogs with their energy and enthusiasm for life, but nothing can compare with the depth of love and affection of an older dog. Old Dog Haven takes in these older dogs and finds forever homes for them to end their days. If you live in the locality, maybe you could think about taking one of these seniors and giving it the love it deserves.

10% donation to Old Dog Haven when this painting is sold.

SOLD

This painting is recently off the easel and will need a few days drying time

My thanks to M McGarrett for the reference photo

2 comments:

dreameyce said...

My favorite breed :) I saw this on The Daily Corgi, and had to come look. Beautiful work!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you dreameyce :) :)