Monday 29 September 2008

Scarlet and Bold

10" x 8" Oil on hardboard/masonite

This painting was again inspired by an art blog whose theme this week is 'organic'. The word organic immediately brings to mind my allotment and garden which have both been gardened organically for many years. A frequent visitor while I am gardening is the little cheeky robin who with his scarlet breast and pretty song always brings cheer even on a dull day. He will come and sit very close at hand to watch for any tasty morsels which I unearth with my digging and is always a welcome friend. I was surprised to learn that it is only the British robin who is so tame - although I have never been lucky enough to have done so, it is sometimes possible to hand-feed robins as they are so used to human companionship. Not surprising then that this small bird is one of our favourite birds in the UK.

SOLD

10% from the profits of the sale of this painting will go to the Sarvey Wildlife Center

Please visit my main website www.azpaintings.com for purchase details

No comments: