Thursday 10 July 2008

A New Experience - Oil Painting

A Comfortable Spot - 10" x 8" oil on canvas

SOLD

While I've been away, I've been the one who's been learning - I have painted my first few paintings in oil paints. It's a very strange experience using oils after having painted in watercolours for so many years. I say that I've been learning while I've been away, but to be honest, painting really is a skill which takes a lifetime to master and you never stop learning even if you paint virtually every day of the year as I do - good thing I love painting!

Anyway here is my very first oil painting, A Comfortable Spot - I hope you like it. When this painting is sold, 10% of the profits will be donated to Save the Dalmatians - one of my favourite charities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is wonderful!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you so much.

I will be back very soon!

Carry on painting!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I have always loved to draw horse/dogs, I have not draw anything that resently but am looking to go back in to it and maybe start painting them too, my previous drawings were often quite faint as in I did not like to press hard with a pecil (no idea why), so I tryed softer ones but I ended up just putting even less pressuer on the pencil, so friends often said 'are you going to paint them' but I have always been scared of recking my drawings with paint as I have done a few of times, but reading your blog I've realised I've been going in to painting the wrong way and just rushing it.
Your paintings are some of the best I've seen on the web, I like the subject(s) to always be in porportion, and for the feachers (eyes, ears, head and body) of the subjects to look right, be in porportion and to have the charicter of the animal but also be well finished and yours look amazing.
(Sorry if there is spelling errors it's not my stong point)
Thanks for reading
Sophie