Thursday 5 January 2012

In Deep Thought (Labrador painting)

In Deep Thought - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

Well at last I am starting to recover from a horrible bout of 'flu and would like to thank those who sent good wishes.

Before I get working on commissions again, I thought I'd like to create a painting which would show one of the characteristics of dogs which I value very highly and this is their quality of spirit. I do believe that where dogs have lived in such very close proximity to humans for so very long a time, that they have developed a special quality of soul and are capable of a great depth of emotion which we do not normally associate with any other creatures than humans. I think the expression on this dog demonstrates this well.

Anne


Based on a photograph by Carlos94117 at flickr

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

I agree, Anne, some dogs do have an incredible depth of soul; to paint it is an honor, and to capture it is divine! But I MUST add horses to the list of animals with soul.

hmuxo said...

This Labrador is so beautifully painted! Bravo!!

annezoutsos said...

I'll have to take your word for that Kathryn! ;)

Thank you hmuxo :)