Monday 8 August 2011

Reservoir Dog - Mr Pink

Reservoir Dog - Mr Pink  -  7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

I smile everytime I think of the title of this painting and I imagine that most people will know that it is taken from the film Reservoir Dogs by Quentin Tarantino and that one of the characters in the film was Mr Pink. I love the photo used as the cover for the CD of the film music with the men walking in the bright overhead sunshine, giving them intense dark shadows - hence my 'dog' version recreated in this painting and of course the pink harness reveals which character is being played!

I must though admit now that I haven't actually watched Reservoir Dogs and never will - however good a film it is, I simply can't watch violent films - oh dear, I know, stupid but there it is!

Anne


With thanks to nickton at Flickr for the reference photograph

2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Anne, Love the painting and the title! :)

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Kathryn! This is the second time I've painted a 'Reservoir Dog' but the first 'Mr Pink'. I love the intense light and shadow and am still smiling about the title! :)