Saturday 30 October 2010

Cocker Spaniel portrait

Cocker Spaniel - Sh Ch Dillonpark Ambrogina - 20" x 16" watercolour

My apologies for lack of posts recently but back to normal now.  Unfortunately I can't show you some completed paintings as they are gifts and I wouldn't be very popular if I spoiled the surprise! 

However, here is a painting I can show you; the cocker spaniel - or as my American friends would call her - English cocker spaniel - Show Champion Dillonpark Ambrogina. I will have to check with her owner when I next speak to him but I believe I am right in saying she is the all time top-winning black cocker spaniel bitch in the UK and as you can see is a very beautiful girl.

I did manage to take one work in progress photo. I have done a lot of work on her eyes even at this stage as I always find it helps to build a relationship with the subject. (I think maybe it's a good thing that artists have a reputation as being a little 'odd'!!)

The ears show the first layers of paint which just mark out areas of shade and start to build form and there is no attempt at detail. However, you can see I have been putting in the coat and much more detail in her head, although this too is at a very early stage. 

If you have any questions or would like to commission a painting of your pet, please email me at info@azpaintings.com or you can click on the Commissioning a Painting tab above.


6 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

What a beautiful girl! And beautifully painted, Anne!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much - and yes, she is a stunner!

Dean Grey said...

The black is so rich looking, Anne.

How neat to see the beginning stages of this portrait too!

-Dean

annezoutsos said...

I find it SO hard to remember to take photos along the way - whenever I remember it always seems too dark or I haven't got the time!Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I love it.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much!