Wednesday 18 March 2009

Sweet Girl by Anne Zoutsos


Sweet Girl by Anne Zoutsos - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

I was delighted to recently have been given the opportunity to use the photographs in the website of Anne Stark's Piper whippets and dachshunds as reference for paintings. However, when I went on her site I was a little dismayed - there were so many lovely dogs that it was almost impossible to choose!

However, in the end I decided to paint Mable shown above; she was bred by Anne but is not owned by her. I was drawn to her (please excuse the pun!) as I fell in love with her sweet, kind expression and with her blue bandana, she looks dressed in her 'Sunday best'.

The donation from this painting will be going to another sighthound breed, the Salukis at STOLA.

SOLD

This painting is recently off the easel and will need a few days' drying time before it can be shipped.

No comments: