Saturday 12 March 2011

Irish Setter

Irish Setter - Katie - 20" x 16" watercolour on Saunders Waterford paper

My latest commission is this pretty girl, Katie, an Irish or Red Setter. I did take a photo of her at the usual 'stage one' phase ie I had painted her eyes with a fair amount of detail and added tone to the rest of her but unfortunately it isn't very clear and so I decided not to show it here. 

Often I don't have the opportunity to meet the subjects of my paintings but sometimes I do and it's always a pleasure. I was fortunate enough to meet Coco - the German Shorthaired Pointer from my previous post - and I am hoping that Katie's owner will bring her along when she comes to collect the painting.

To commission a painting, please email me at info@azpaintings.com or feel free to ask any questions you may have.

6 comments:

Evie Kounavie said...

Very alive! Beautiful eyes and silky fur! Αll your projects, Anne, reach perfection!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments Evie - they are very much appreciated! :))

Judy said...

Beautiful Kate and beautiful work!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much indeed Judy - and I agree, she is a beautiful girl :))

Ricardo said...

A wonderful work, amazing, congratulations handle very fine watercolor, your work is very beautiful greeting.

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much for your lovely comments Ricardo! Greetings to you :)