Thursday 24 June 2010

Miniature Smooth Dachshund - Tim

Tim: Radclyffe Fulmarus 1995 - 2010
 
Here is the finished painting of Tim commissioned by his owner/breeders Ted and Margaret Jones of the Radclyffe Mini Smooth Dachshunds who have kindly given me permission to feature Tim's portrait.

Very sadly while I was painting Tim, Ted emailed the sad news that Tim had passed on. However, he had lived a good, very long life and died of a heart attack whilst being carried. We could only wish that all dogs had such lives. Nevertheless, I know I am not the only animal portrait artist who finds it truly sad painting deceased pets. We get to know the animal so well as we work on them for so very many hours that they almost live for us - well they do for me! The consolation though is that it is a priviledge to be able to produce a hopefully fitting memento for their owners.

Thank you Ted for your very kind words about the painting.


2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful portrait of Tim. I especially like this one since I had a smooth dachshund for 12 years before she died of complications due to diabetes. I am so impressed with your paintings as well as your blog.
So well done!!

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much! I hope the painting stirred some good memories as well as sad ones.