Saturday 8 May 2010

Papillon Fringes

Papillon Fringes - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

This painting came about as the result of a challenge on Daily Painters International Art Gallery of which I am a member. The challenge was to create a painting connected with 'fringes' so I painted a dog with fringed ears!! The papillon is so named as it is the French word for butterfly which the head and ears of this breed are thought to resemble - and I rather think they do.

When you look at the little dog's face in my painting it is hard to believe that he is a rescue dog. He was rescued from a puppy mill after living his first six years in a cage. He never new kindness, cleanliness, walking or a soft bed. His world was very small and dark, but it has slowly got bigger and brighter. He is now a well loved and happy dog. The reference photo for this painting was taken by his owner RichMurphy at Flickr who has given him his new life.

I will be donating 10% of the profits from the sale of this painting to Noah's Bark pet rescue

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days and as the auction is for 7 days, this should work out just fine

For more information email me at info@azpaintings.com

2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

OMG! Too cute, Anne!

-Dean

annezoutsos said...

Thank you Dean - oh you mean the painting not me!! :)

Anne