Tuesday 25 May 2010

Here's Looking At You

 Here's Looking At You - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

I decided to paint this little dog as I was very taken with the lighting and I love it's little alert, sweet expression - I hope you do too!

The 10% donation to charity from the profits following the sale of this painting will be going to a new charity for me - it is Dalmatian Rescue of Southwest Virginia.  I decided on this charity having read of one of their rescues on their facebook page; a truly tragic story about a poor, abused Dalmatian named Chelsea (now RIP)

I hope you will all bid like mad on this painting to get a high price and so a high donation. If you don't want a painting though, it would be great if you'd consider visiting their site - just click on their name above - and make a donation direct. I simply don't know how they cope with the awful things they see and hope I can be instrumental in helping them financially, even if in only a small way.

SOLD

If you wish to discuss anything, email me at info@azpaintings.com


My thanks to Marlie Kanoi at Flickr for the reference photo

4 comments:

Marie Theron said...

Totally incredible! When I see work like this, I can do nothing but feel respect for such a talent! Regards from Cape Town

annezoutsos said...

What an amazing thing to say - thank you!! I think maybe I'm blushing :)

Anne

Kellie Marian Hill said...

you did such an amazing job of capturing the quality of light in this one, along with the soft texture of the fur- I am in awe!

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Kellie - I'm blushing again!! :)

Anne