Wednesday 24 April 2013

Snow White (snow leopard) oil painting alterations

Snow White - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

Yes, you have seen this painting before! I actually finished the painting and posted it on facebook and then decided there were a few things I would like to change. The photo below was the photo I originally posted.


Can you see any difference to the final painting above? If you want to try and work it out, don't scroll down as I am going to show there where the alterations were made.

Spoiler alert as they say!




So the alterations were as follows:

No 1 is the outer area lightened, no 2 area also lightened, no 3 shape of eye changed and area above lightened, no 4 highlights altered, no 5 lightened to show modelling, no 6 lightened, both eyes had more cerulean blue added.

I hope you've enjoyed this little exercise! This painting is available - details in the blog post below.

If you have any questions please email me at info@azpaintings.com

SOLD



No comments: