Thursday 1 March 2012

Hunter's Moon - wolf and moon original oil

Hunter's Moon - 6" x 6" oil on hardboard/masonite

SOLD

I am a great admirer of the wolf - not surprising really I suppose, given my love of dogs. Whilst I will admit I can't watch them on tv when they are hunting, well at the kill to be more accurate, I love watching their interaction with each other, their great affection for other members of the pack and nurturing care of their youngsters.

I understand that wolves were much revered in Native American culture and were credited in teaching them about the importance of family and how to hunt and forage for food. Other tribes also believed they were spiritual beings and my aim in this painting was to depict a 'spiritual being'.



4 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Wolf Spirit really does come through here. Nice piece!

Studio at the Farm said...

Anne, you have most certainly captured the mystery and spirituality of the wolf. Gorgeous painting!!!

Serena Lewis said...

Beautiful and a very wise looking wolf. I think you captured the spirit perfectly. I too adore wolves and view them as my totem animal.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much everyone - I enjoyed painting this particular piece!