Saturday 3 September 2011

Through The Window (Jack Russell original oil)

Through The Window - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

SOLD

Well another reflection painting but this time involving a window rather than a floor. Yes I admit it, I am rather obsessive in nature and I am now addicted to reflection paintings! I will try and force myself not to keep painting them all the time, but it is quite hard to do so! 

'Through The Window' was fun to paint; I often have parts of a painting which I particularly like and in this painting, I love the way the sunlight captures the outline of the JRT (Jack Russell Terrier to non-dog people - although having said that I wonder how many non-dog people would read a blog like mine?)




Based on a photograph by me'nthedogs at Flickr

10 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

You? Obsessive? No ... cant' believe it! The JRT is gorgeous; I agree, the sunlight limning his form is perfect [ you perfectionist, you]

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Absolutely amazing! The reflection and the window add so much to the composition. Can't wait to see more of your reflections!

Lampros Lampinos said...

very very nice, bravo dear

annezoutsos said...

Ha ha Kathryn - a touch of OCD as you of course know! Glad you like the little terrier. :)

annezoutsos said...

That's so kind Carrie - I'm hoping to do some more 'reflections' shortly! :)

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much Lampros :)

Colorado Paintings by Logan said...

I have really been enjoying your paintings. I check your blog each day for new ones, thanks for sharing! I especially like the chihuahua painting featured on DP today. It's sooo soo cute and I can just imagine how small my chi was when I first got her, from it. Also, your depiction of the hands was very realistic, very nice! Nice work :-)

annezoutsos said...

Thanks very much Logan and so glad you liked 'In Safe Hands' on DP. I feel very guilty that I haven't been posting more regularly on my blog and have written myself a note in my diary to keep it updated more often!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning work you do! :)
Thanks for sharing.

Love from Norway.

annezoutsos said...

That's so nice Else Marie - thank you :))))