Sunday 14 August 2011

At The End Of My Tether

At The End Of My Tether - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

SOLD

Well not only is this little dog at the end of its tether, I am almost at the end of mine, trying to get a decent photograph of the painting - yes, sorry I know, I can hear you saying - as usual!! Not being a photographer, I don't understand why some colours just seem to fade into the background and can only be brought out with photoshop. However, I have finally got this photograph quite close to the actual painting - something I do feel is very important when you're offering your work for sale. I would be terribly upset if someone received a painting and they weren't happy with it if for instance I had misled them with an inaccurate photo. Thankfully this has never yet happened - and fingers tightly crossed it never will!

I hope those of us who own dogs, never make them wait for us for too long and in fact the dog in the painting appears quite happy waiting for its owner's return, even if it is standing at the very extremity of its leash on the sun-dappled pavement. 

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped


My thanks to Elsie esq. at Flickr for the reference photo on which this painting is based

4 comments:

L E Gav Thorpe said...

Great painting. These paintings of Jack Russells are fantastic.

Gavin Thorpe

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Gavin - much appreciated :))

Sadeu said...

very good drawings and paintings, Anne : )

annezoutsos said...

Thank you for your kind comment Sadeu :)