Tuesday 13 July 2010

Dalmatian In The Sky


Dalmatian In The Sky - 10" x 8" oil on hardboard/masonite

This painting was inspired by the monthly challenge on the Daily Painters International Art Gallery blog, the theme of which for July was 'Illusion'. I must admit that I very nearly didn't prepare a painting this month, partly because I have been busy with commissions but also, I am ashamed to admit, because I simply couldn't think of an 'illusion' subject!

However, I am pleased to say that my brain finally (after a lot of bullying) produced an idea for a painting which I am showing today. As I hope is obvious, the Dalmatian is walking through shallow water in which the evening sky is reflected and my aim was to make the Dalmatian appear to be walking in the clouds - almost - but with the ripples on the water to tie it to reality and also maybe create some confusion in the viewer. After some tweaking (I really need someone on hand to stop me continually messing with finished paintings!) I am quite pleased with my 'illusion' painting and I hope you like it too :)

Once sold, I will make a donation of 10% from the profits to Save The Dalmatians. You may remember I told you about the rescue of Fletcher who was suffering from pneumonia and was very gravely ill. Following my last update I am absolutely delighted to tell you that he is now eating very well, slowly putting on weight and showing himself to be the most affectionate dog imaginable. As I said previously how he could ever have been abandoned is beyond understanding. Of course buying my painting will help Save the Dalmatians in their work, but if you don't fancy buying a painting, why not spare whatever change you have in your pockets as you read this and make a donation direct - it only takes a few minutes through paypal. Click here and you will go straight to Save The Dalmatians.

To view a short video of Fletcher (together with his foster mum's own 2 Dalmatians) - click here

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

If you have any questions, please email me at info@azpaintings.com

10 comments:

Nancy Goldman said...

This painting is beautiful and very creative. I love your idea for showing illusion.

annezoutsos said...

Thank you very much Nancy :)

Anne

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Absolutely brilliant Anne! Both unique and well executed...a winning formula.

annezoutsos said...

Thanks so much Caroline - it was fun to paint (after the struggle to think up the idea!).

Anne

Dean Grey said...

Anne!

I'm glad this painting was created.

Very, very cool idea!

Such a unique composition! I just love how we see the entire sky while looking down at the puddle!

Brilliant!

Be proud of this one!

-Dean

annezoutsos said...

That's very kind of you Dean - I think I nearly fried my brain trying to come up with the idea!!

Anne

Niki Jackson said...

Your Dalmatian paintings are so amazing!! We have a beautiful Dalmatian called Ellie, she will be 3yrs old in December. They are just amazing dogs. Niki x

annezoutsos said...

Thank you so much Niki - they certainly are wonderful dogs; so long as they have enough exercise and love they are happy :)

Anne

Lisa Daria said...

I like your choice of 'camera angle' -

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Lisa - I do try and make my dog paintings just a little different - even if I don't always succeed!