Saturday 24 April 2010

Labrador Expression

Labrador Expression - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

As well as summer mode, I seem to be in Labrador mode at the moment! There's no particular reason for this; in the instance above, I thought the dog had such a sweet, appealing expression, that I just had to paint him. 

I check in on facebook more or less daily as I have quite a few friends on there and it's nice to see what's going on with them. However, some of my contacts on fb are very involved with dog rescue, and frequently I am reduced to tears by what I see - indeed I tend to try and glance quickly at their posts, as, if their stories are too awful, I don't read them. Yes, I know, this is something to be ashamed of - and I am - but perhaps we who care, need to do what we can. I cannot cope with the shocking details of cruelty meted out by my fellow man, but I can help raise funds to help the efforts of the rescuers and this I do as well as I am able.

The donation from this painting once sold is again going to Save The Dalmatians - they are in real need of funds and so I am concentrating on them at the moment, although I will move on to some other charities soon.

SOLD

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

My thanks to jespahjoy at Flickr for the reference photograph

2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Anne!

The blacks near the eyes just pop against that light brown fur!

-Dean

annezoutsos said...

Thanks Dean - he has a really sweet, appealing expression doesn't he? A happy and well loved dog I'm pleased to say.

Anne