Sunday, 13 September 2009

Out Of The Dark by Anne Zoutsos


Out Of The Dark by Anne Zoutsos - 7" x 5" oil on hardboard/masonite

I am a coward. I have tried not to be, but I am.

I cannot face the suffering endured by so many dogs and so I leave it to others to pick up the pieces. I can't even read of the traumas which the little innocents suffer. I am of course far from proud of this but have had to come to terms with the reality of my situation.

I can paint. Not everyone will like what or how I paint, but I know that there are quite a lot who do. This is my way therefore to try and do what little I can to ease the lives of animals whose existence is made so very hard and sad by the actions of my fellow humans. I am very grateful to my collectors who have done a great deal to help with the necessary finances to aid workers 'on the ground'.

I quote below what has been said of the puppy featured in today's painting -

"Annabelle - Female of a litter of pups found wandering with mange so bad they had no fur. When taken to the vet, we found out she has a heart defect. She then contracted parvo in which she had to stay at the vet for a few days - but is now healthy!"

What a start to life! (please scroll down to see more about her)

The title of this painting reflects what I hope for this little girl - that she will come out of the dark into the light of a happy life.

When sold, a 10% donation from the profits of this painting will be made to BAMA Bully Rescue - perhaps meanwhile you could pop over there and make a quick donation?

SOLD

ADDENDUM: BAMA Bully Rescue has written this about the puppy in this painting: "Annabelle is the little dog that steals everyone's heart as soon as they meet her or hear her story.

She is recovering well, but still has a ways to go before she is 100%. In the time being, she is being spoiled and loved on by her foster family :)"

This painting is straight off the easel and will need to dry for several days before it can be shipped

The painting is based on a photograph supplied by BAMA Bully Rescue
Post a Comment